What to do when MCD Tow your car?
The biggest nightmare for any Indians owning a car is to spot a safe place to park their car, whenever they go out in a city. The problem recently arises because of increasing number of vehicles and decrease in parking space which has reduced due to constant growth in the population. Whenever someone parks their car in a place other than parking space, the car gets towed by MCD. MCD Tow your Car With No wasting Time , That Even Brought Some Scratch On Your Car
MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi)
MCD is also known as Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It is the second largest government body. It works for the development of local issues of Delhi like road repairs, sewage, etc. MCD is divided into twelve zones across three municipal corporations i.e. South Delhi, North Delhi, and East Delhi. The best way to define MCD is – A largest official civil body and its role are to provide basic services to the civilians.
Why MCD Tow Your Car
Normally MCD are active in an area which may rise to instant traffic jam or an area which involves road ways to main roads or main road and high ways itself, due to irregular parking habits of us Indians we sometimes create bottle neck situation on road, ultimately resulting into huge queues of vehicle and affects the flow of traffic. To avoid such circumstances government has come up with a proposal of imposing fine to law violators, but to do so they have given the charge to MCD to tow away the vehicle in presence of a traffic inspector.
When can MCD tow your vehicle?
- Vehicles are to be parked at parking spot otherwise you will be fined by MCD.
- If you park your car in between the road and cause inconvenience and create an obstruction for the traffic flow then you have to visit MCD office for your car.
- If someone parked his vehicle near the traffic light or on the pedestrian crossing or on the wrong side of the road.
- No one is allowed to park his/her car near the bus stop it will be inconvenient for the citizen to catch bus or hospital entrance.
- According to section 127 and 201 if a vehicle is abandoned for 10 hours in a public place, it can be removed by towing
- If a burnt, unattended vehicle creating traffic hazard in a public place it can be removed by MCD.
What To Do When MCD Tow your Car
If in case you come across a situation where your car has been towed away, first and foremost thing to do is not to panic, it is obvious that various things comes to mind, like have you lost your car or not? And second most important responsibility is to find or locate the nearest police station from the area where the car has been towed, After reaching their contact with the officer in charge and you will be asked to pay the fine which varies from car to car, for an entry level small car the charges are less as compared to full sized vehicle, and lastly don’t forget to collect the receipt against the amount paid as fine. The Car Parking Challan May be Between (3000 Rs To 5000 Rs)
Some rules for MCD
- Taking picture – It is mandatory to click a picture before towing a vehicle. Toeing without taking picture will be illegal
- Designated place – MCD cannot take the vehicle to anywhere other than the designated place for vehicle storage facility.
- Vehicle is to be release after the vehicle’s owner has paid the fine unless a law enforcement agency directed that vehicle should not be released.
- MCD should take care of the towed vehicle so that no damage should occur.
How can you get your towed vehicle?
There are two agencies foe regulation, monitoring and enforcing provision of motor vehicle
- Wing of transport department
- Traffic police
A fine is imposed between 3000-5000 depending on
- The fine is also depends on the weight of the vehicle.
- Number of days it remains with the MCD.
- Will the MCD compensate for the damage occurred during towing the vehicle?
There are no such provisions to compensate for any damage occurred during towing.
- How you can dispose challan?
The person itself has to be appeared at the court on the date and place given in the challan.