Hill Station Road Trip Tips
Hill Station Road Trip Tips -For all the petrol heads out there, our travel plan is incomplete without a trip to any hill station and mostly that destination is Leh Ladakh for us Indian. But the thumbs rules for stay constant for all the hill station across globe. Going on a trip by your own and that too on your own vehicle is a kind of self-proclaimed achievement on another level, which does not come close to any other adventure. But along with any adventures comes a bunch of life risks, yes you read it right, if you are a noob and you don’t have proper guidance you are risking your one and only life. And nobody wants to put their life at stake. Correct!
With rise in demand of off-roader vehicles the trend of road trip to hill stations has increased significantly, but the fact is almost all the metal frame on wheels can reach at the top of mountain, but the rider or the driver must know how to make it happen. Our rides are the only thing which observed all the impacts and that’s why it is important for us to know are they ready for the trip.
Whether you companion is a 2 wheeler or a 4 wheeler. Both have to stand against nature’s harsh condition, it’s your duty to keep them mechanically in top notch condition. Give and take proverb is also true for our rides if it comes to pay back. You take care of them; they will take care of you.
Safety Care Regimen:
The tips or service instructions is valid for all the vehicles both cars and bikes. To make your hill station trip a hassle free experience.
1. Engine are said to be known as the heart of vehicles, and to function it properly on higher altitude where oxygen ratio is less and engine has to rev more to climb the hills, it should be serviced thoroughly before taking it out for a hill station trip.
2. Engine oil needs to be properly refilled with a good quality one.
3. If it is a carburettor engine then proper carburettor cleaning treatment should be done with accurate tuning. And if it is a FI engine then injection nozzle should be checked and thoroughly tested.
4. If your buddy is a diesel engine you need to carry external battery or jump cables for lower temperature atmosphere because at the top of the hill it is difficult to find any hands for help. And if its a petrol engine you definitely have to clean your spark plug for better ignition.
5. Clutch plate have to checked because they are going to take most of the punishment on the hills if the existing clutch plate is left with 40% material then it is highly recommended to replace it with a new one, if you don’t want to regret it later.
6. Brakes are the most important part which can not be left unattended, it it is left with 50% of the grip it is recommended to replace it.
7. Coming to the tyres it is always better to go with a all terrain tyres which will drag you out from snow, mud, gravel and what not. This is the only contact point of your vehicle and surface. It should never be compromised.
8. All the electrical things like head lights, indicators, taillights, hazard lights, air conditioner break lights and sensors needs to be cross checked.
9. Extra wheel in case of car and puncture repair kit along with a tyre in flatter with jack should always be kept in handy.
10. Except air cooled bikes, radiator and coolant needs to be checked and topped up for all the vehicles.
11. Condition of the wipers and wipers water also must be taken into consideration.
Don’t Forget To Check These Blogs Too
If You Want To Go To Hill Station then Must Check ( Queen Of Hill Station )
- Is it necessary to have a four wheel drive for hill station?
No, not necessary only proper technique is required.
- Is our vehicles provided with all terrain tyre from showroom?
No, it is only provided for asphalt.
- At higher altitude engine starts to knock and sometimes go off due to inadequate supply of oxygen inside combustion chamber.
- At places like hill station although the temperature is on the lower side but still cases of radiator busting due to rise in temperature are recorded on a higher level.